We are striving for a healthier brighter future every day.
The reason behind this blog is quite simple, I started on a journey to reclaim my health in 2013 after my body started shutting down. After multiple years of looking into the subject I found a few tips and tricks which are easy to apply and helped tremendously.
Now I want to catalog these tips as I find them to hopefully help someone else in the process learn from my mistakes / discoveries without pouring the same amount of time / resources as me.
Please keep in mind that this blog is not about throwing a pity party or learning to live with the problems. It is about finding solutions, mending what is broken, improving at cost and constantly growing. So do not see the backstory that follows as a tear jerker please.
On July 2013, after a birthday trip in Las Vegas (it seems what happened in Vegas decided to follow me), my body started shutting down. Here is a snap shots of all the problems I had to deal with:
- Debilitating tinnitus
- Constant jaw pain
- Pain when turning my neck
- Plantar fasciitis of the left foot
- Back pain
- Sensibility to light
- GERD occurring day and night
- Knee pain
- BMI of 27.1 (weight 200 pound)
- Chronic depression
This was officially the worst time of my life … and I was only 28. This is when I told myself that enough is enough and that I would seek out what I was doing wrong.
Now we are on July 2017, 4 years later, and through what I learned here is the current state of affair:
- The tinnitus is still here, but is soft and can be easily ignored
- The jaw pain is under control.
- My neck pain is mostly gone.
- My left foot recovered, now I am working on mobility.
- No more back pain
- My light sensitivity is mostly gone.
- My GERD is under control (with no medication)
- My knee pain is gone and I can exercise as much as I want.
- My BMI is 24.1 (178 pounds)
- My depression is mostly gone
Of course, I am not done healing / learning. Fixing 2 decades of bad habits and traumas will take some time.
So please join me in this wonderful journey of harnessing the powers of the human machine.